11.15.2006

in front of the camera

these three photos are of my studio friend Suzanne. she introduced me to blogging so i thank her for that, and she was a lovely person to photograph as well, which is why i am posting the photos of her.
this first one is not my favorite ever, but i do like the light from the candle, even if this is entirely out of focus.

this second one is, as you can tell, almost the same shot as the above photo, but i moved the focus of the candle on the left to Suzanne on the left....i feel this is much more successful in that she is the focus and you can still tell there is a candle burning. plus i like how it is almost like she is working with the flame and not what is behind it, almost.

and last, but certainly a wonderful one. i like the highlight on her hair. it gives some great depth there, and i also like that the background is much lighting then she is, almost like i used a flash for everything but her. i like that i caught her in deep thought too, even though she new i was there taking the photos:)

so thanks goes out to a great person - in front of the camera;)

2 Comments:

Blogger phillip said...

why is it that black and white makes everything look professional? these are awesome! keep it up and good luck with the thesis work!

9:35 AM  
Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

Wow Danielle! I don't think I've ever seen so much of me in one place! Thanks again for taking these photos. I think they turned out really lovely and, as always, I'm looking forward to seeing how all your projects turn out.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home