10.05.2006

memories

i was just reminded tonight of something i had almost forgoten, or at least hadnt thought of for a while: happiness is what matters. a lot of people forget this. i get so worked up over what i am doing with my life and what is to come and what has passed that i sometimes forget about the present and how wonderful each moment can be. i like to think that i notice little things and that each one reminds me of something or just has that effect on me to make me smile, even for a minute.

as soon as i was reminded of this i thought of the few minutes i was walking back to my room by myself tonight after dinner. it was about a 5 minute walk alone, but the way i was walking was uncharachteristically cheerful. i had a small smile on my face and was kinda bouncing along as i walked home.....smiling at the people passing me, and not looking at the ground. i usually do this just so i dont have to look at people in the eye. its hard for me to do that as i walk through campus. but tonight was a good night. maybe this will be something i can keep up for a little while?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home