10.10.2006

living forward


since i am home, i went to the mall today with a very cool, and might i say wonderfully funny, friend. we shopped had good coffee and fun times just talking about the random (of course). i got a new mouse for my powerbook.....which so far, the mighty mouse kicks serious ass. i got to eat some good dinner, which was very nice, and got to watch great shows, aka: futurama and looney tunes. to top off the night i went for some dunkin and apple pie (yes thats a weird combo, but if you know me, thats how i am) with my "lil' bro" al and hung out in the kitchen with the parents, sis, sis's bf, "lil' bro", and the best friend steph. that concludes my stay here in NJ, short but wonderful none the less. and just as a side note, i did get to hang out with steph friday and saturday as well as with a few great old and new friends......with some drinks on the side;). this all made the trip up here for my break from college really worth it.
i would just like to say that no matter what happens in my life and where i am, i know that its times like these that make home....home. its always fun, always relaxing(at least compaired to the crazy college life) and its always been my favorite time of the year since college began.

so to tell another great thing that happened to me, lets just start off saying that i love my parents. today is monday, and last night i asked them to be sure that i was awake at 8a so that we would leave in time for some suprize they had for me that would take most of the day. they proceeded to tell me that i can go ahead and make other plans b/c it would really take all day. this is when they decieded to just tell me that they were planning on taking me car shopping. here is where i must have completely lost my mind. i should have been smiling and happy right, seeing as they are going to buy me a car, but instead they began talking about what they were going to pay and so that i have a limit and dont spend all their money (they did pay for my college education too) and we talked about what i would like in a car, blah blah blah. well, the whole time i was being such a bitch about it, not smiling, trying to get my word in and all, which i can never say the right thing for some reason - it always comes across wrong and i dont know what to do. anyway...this is why i am upset with myself right now...i should have been happy and excited and for some reason i am not. i need to fix this and make myself appreciate what they are doing for me in some other way then what i did. so with that i have decided to write them a little letter and leave it for them to read after i leave to return to school tomorrow. i want them to know how much i appreciate this and all that they have done....so i think i nice letter will be perfect.
so with that i will go to bed so i can get rest for my 9 hour trip back to school and leave you with a little quote that i just like at this point in time.

"life is best understood backwards, but must be lived forward."

1 Comments:

Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

Thanks for sharing the quote. So true.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home